Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hyperventilation, arranged marriages and anthrax scares

Needless today it has been a very interesting week so far... In fact I don't even know where to start. I guess my first experience with hyperventilation would be good. So over my lovely Christmas break I got to relax in fact I got so relaxed that I completely forgot to order in my textbooks. Due to this unfortunate over-site on my part my books were ordered late and not due to come in until well this week. So I get on my handy dandy tracking device to see when my books will be here so I don't have to freeze my butt off to walk across campus and check my mail if they are not there and my handy dandy tracking device told me that they were in. So braving the freezing temperatures I made the trek to the mail center when what should I find out? The blood drive was that day, so it wasn't until this day that I found out that not only had my handy dandy tracking device failed me but apparently big rooms with lots of blood and needles make me hyperventilate... Then later that same day I went to one of my club activities where we were planning a huge trip to this convention. We were sitting and talking when sensei(teacher)tells us that he has people in japan interviewing candidates for his future bride! No you didn't read it wrong, he is going down in April to meet his wife... so as we talked we decided it was essentially an arranged marriage and my mind was blown!! but now I can officially say I know someone who participated in an arranged marriage! haha and the final big even this week is the anthrax scare.. it seemed like just a regular day at college until you walked past the post office where apparently someone found white powder on one of the packages. Police were everywhere as well as those guys in those funny hazard suits (it reminded me of monsters inc in a way) anyway they freaked out! No worries though T and I have decided it was probably some mother sending her poor starving son flour because as I have learned boys don't buy flour... or no how to use it really. We even had a guy call and ask us what kind of flour he should buy as he had gotten lost in the two types you can buy: all purpose or self rising. Well that was my exciting week I just thought that I would share it with all y'all :) hope your week is splendid!

No comments:

Post a Comment